Well-Fed Wednesday #3!
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016, I will be “on call” for 6 solid hours.
(Beyond January 13, 2016? Stay tuned for the next event...)
On 01/13/16, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. to 6 p.m., EST, I will literally be sitting by my phone waiting on your call.
If you call, and I answer, you’ve got 10 minutes to talk to me. About
anything related to commercial writing (or self-publishing, for that matter).
Possible uses of your 10 minutes?
• Have a project you’re trying to price?
• Have a new prospect “on the hook” and want to make the right pitch?
• Wrestling with how to craft a piece of copy, and need a seasoned opinion?
• Noodling over a headline, name or title? (Can’t promise brilliance “on command,” but I’m a decent sounding board…)
• Thinking of getting into commercial writing (or self-publishing), and have questions?
• Have a unique/sticky commercial writing situation and want to talk it through?
• Dating/relationship advice (Just kidding, though I DO give good advice in this department…)
You get the idea. And it can be something besides the above, as long
as it’s related to commercial writing or self-publishing.
Okay, the Ground Rules:
1) In fairness to others who want to talk to me, you really only get 10 minutes.
I’ll set a timer when we get on the phone, and while I won’t hang up on you
when the bell sounds, we need to be wrapping it up.
2) I can’t return calls. If you get my voicemail during those hours, it’s because
I’m on the phone with someone else. In which case, I apologize, but if you
want to talk to me, you’ll need to keep calling until you reach me.
3) I can only talk during the two 3-hour blocks noted above. For Shift #1, I'll
take my first call at 10:00 a.m. EST (not 9:55), and my last at 12:50 p.m.
For Shift #2, first call is at 3:00 p.m., and last is at 5:50 p.m.
4) No offense, but please don’t call to pitch me on being a contractor
for me, or to offer to “handle all your overflow work.” (Hint: I don’t get
much overflow, and when I do, I use people I’ve worked with for years.)
5) If you managed to get through to me during the last Well-Fed Wednesday
in November, might I ask you to sit this one out to give others a chance?
You're welcome to call back in during the next go-round.
Why Am I Doing This?
Call it an "energy experiment." I'm curious what happens when one puts
out a bunch of positive energy, with no expectation of a return. Can't help but
feel that good things will come of it.
Plus, it sounds a fun way to shake things up in a good way. Depending on
how it goes, I might repeat it.
My phone # is 770-438-7200. Please be responsible with it... ;)
P.S. Check out how the first one went in September here.
Stay Plugged In!
Subscribe (Free) to
THE WELL-FED E-PUB!
© Copyright 1999-2009 WriteInc.
Design by Marketing Masters, Ltd.