The Well-Fed Group Coaching Program
(11 program series completed since late 2009!)
NEXT SERIES (SEPTEMBER 2015) NOW ENROLLING!
(12 of 15 Slots Already Filled!)
Now Redesigned and Improved!
· New direction
· New focus
· Shorter time (twice a week for two weeks!)
· More value
· Same personal attention
The first 10 series of Well-Fed Group Coaching was based on in-depth Q&A, which, happily, led in all sorts of productive directions. However, over time, I came to see that format as limited. In series #11, I added a session on studying and discussing actual commercial writing samples in depth.
This is the new direction I’m taking with group coaching.
My basic philosophy is this: While marketing is never easy, you can learn how to market from any number of sources (including The Well-Fed Writer). But, having done this since 1994, I know, firsthand, that...
Enduring success comes from strong writing ability, NOT strong marketing.
You can be the best marketer on the planet, but if your skills aren’t strong, you’ll struggle (and all that marketing will ensure the world knows your skills need work). So, with all that in mind…
Does this sound like you?
· You’re getting ready to launch your new copywriting business using the commercial writing blueprint laid out in The Well-Fed Writer*. Or…
· You've launched your business within the last few years, but you’re just not where you want to be. OR…
· You’ve been writing for a while, but are looking to develop more marketing-oriented writing skills in order to expand your copywriting range (and income…).
(*A prerequisite to participation is having read the two original "Well-Fed Writer" titles OR the new updated edition. This ensures everyone has a good solid foundation in the commercial-writing business as laid out in TWFW. As such, the conversation will be on a higher level, and all will get the maximum benefit from the program.)
You understand the business, and what you need to do to market yourself, but there are still some missing pieces.
You know how to land the work, but you’re completely comfortable DOING the work.
You know how to write, but you’re having trouble making the transition to marketing-oriented copywriting.
What if you could…
1) Study a bunch of commercial writing samples with a small group of others (15 max) in the same boat – all done from the comfort of your home (by phone/online)?
2) Learn the basic “architecture” of various marketing pieces, and understand why they’re written as they are?
3) Learn the fundamentals of “building a case” for a product or service, by dissecting real-world commercial writing projects, bought by real-world clients, for serious money?
4) Discuss with a 22-year veteran commercial writer (moi)—in real time—why he chose to take a certain approach with specific projects—approaches that earned the praise, high fees, and ongoing repeat business of his clients?
5) Learn the “how-to” of writing projects besides direct response copywriting (which, by some estimates, accounts for only 3% of all commercial writing), and instead focus on the other 97%—projects that pay just as well, and for which there’s an ongoing need?
6) Learn what it takes to get hired again and again by high-paying clients, even if you suspect that your skills are only modest?
7) And beyond the “HOW” of doing the work, you’ll get some of that great Q&A (one full session), as you get to ask questions on anything commercial-writing related.
If that sounds good, Well-Fed Group Coaching might be for you... (it was for these participants! Yes, these are for the old format, but you'll get my same detail orientation, personal attention and generous spirit...)
Here's what you get...
- Four (4) 90-minute teleconference sessions, with me (PB) as host/moderator (read my one-on-one coaching testimonials). First session is 2 hours (to accommodate introductions/"housekeeping" details)
- NEW: Two sessions weekly for two weeks (vs. prior schedule of once a week for 4 weeks). Easier to schedule, you finish faster, and the process delivers better creative momentum.
- NEW: Focus has shifted from all-Q&A format to improving writing skills by studying/discussing visuals of 12-plus actual commercial writing samples (AND one session of Q&A). You can download samples or access them online
- NEW: You'll receive a sample assignment to do (optional), which you—and other attendees—can submit, for discussion and feedback in the next session.
- Either download all samples for later review, or enjoy continued, ongoing access to them on the Box.com site.
- Enrollment strictly limited to 15 attendees (minimum of 10 to proceed)
- Call in from the comfort of your own home/office, and log in to view samples online.
- All calls recorded for post-call download (perfect for later review OR if you know you'll miss a session; we'll be using www.TalkShoe.com)
- The opportunity to discuss, with me and other writers in the same boat, issues common to starting a commercial freelancing business
- COST: $349 for four sessions, assignment critique, downloads of/ongoing access to samples and session recordings.
Here's the schedule...
SESSION ONE: Sample Review (120 minutes): After a brief intro of all participants, we’ll start the two-session process of reviewing/discussing 12+ actual commercial-writing samples, including how the project unfolded, along with the thinking behind its format and the actual copy chosen. We'll explore brochures, web content, direct mail, case studies, white papers, and more.
From tons of firsthand experience coaching writers one-on-one since 2002, this is “The Great Demystifier”—that missing piece—for many writers, and they LOVE what they learn in the process.
SESSION TWO: Sample Review and Assignment (90 minutes): Part two of the sample review/discussion process. At the end of this session, we’ll discuss an actual “Before” sample of web copy I was given by a client to rework (the result so impressed the client, they boosted the budget 2.5 times over, for the rest of the work).
Your assignment (optional) is to rework it to make it more effective and compelling, from a marketing standpoint, and send back to me (anonymously, if desired) in advance of the next session.
SESSION THREE: Assignment Review (90 minutes): We’ll review and discuss the sample projects completed and submitted by class attendees. After reviewing all submissions, I’ll show you my version. NOT that it’s the best/right/only way to do it, but it is an example of work a client loved, and wanted more of!
SESSION FOUR: Q&A (90 minutes): Having learned how valuable open Q&A can be, I definitely wanted to include some of it, even if the basic focus of the series had changed. Here’s your chance to ask ANY commercial-writing-related questions you have, over a full 90 minutes.
(Read participant testimonials here. )
NEXT SERIES ENROLLING NOW: Starts Tuesday, September 15, 2015, at 1:00 p.m. EST, and continues for 3 additional sessions (Thursday, 9/17; Tuesday, 9/22; and Thursday, 9/24), also at 1:00 p.m. EST.
12 of 15 Slots Already Filled! Don't Miss Out...
Want to be added to a waiting list and notified when I announce the next program, email me here.
"I'm Sold! What's Next?"
1) IMPORTANT: Email me HERE to confirm space availability.
2) Once space availability is confirmed, go ahead and make your $349 payment by credit card or PayPal using the purchase link below (if you want to use PayPal, you'll be prompted at the purchase screen to use the PayPal option).
3) Once you've made your purchase, send me an email letting me know the email address you'd like to use during the program, along with your city and state (or city/country if outside U.S.).
4) Approximately one week before the first session, I'll send out "housekeeping" details and full call-in/log-in instructions.
Attention: PayPal Users!
Choose the online purchase option below and you’ll be prompted at the purchase screen to choose the PayPal option.
Well-Fed Group Coaching Tuition
Questions, comments, suggestions? Contact me here.